ones and zeroes

Better living through modern chemistry.

1.27.2005

lightning struck itself

telefission

Last night after returning from a rousing round of sushi, Sapporo and udon at Sapporo East with Lucy's old roommate Hyunju (how we missed her!) we slid back over to Lucy's apartment where we opened up a couple more Sapporos and proceeded to watch TV. First up was Katie Couric's special on sexuality and teens and parents, which was pretty entertaining and cheesy as hell. Then, after a little Real World action and some stupid-ass shit called My Super Sweet Sixteen that made me want to detonate Middle America, it was finally time for Conan O'Brien, who was running a repeat that included P. Diddy, Dave Navarro, and Interpol. We didn't manage to stay up past the P. Diddy segment, but what's really important is that we were reminded of a single freaky fact - La Bamba of the Max Weinberg Seven bears an uncanny resemblance to my very own father. Observe:



What can this mean? Well, obviously, Conan O'Brien is my uncle and I am officially way cooler than any of you due to that one illustrious fact. I wonder if I could alert Conan to this situation and somehow get on the show in a skit about my long lost Papa La Bamba. That would be the bee's knees.

scatter and shatter

- It's good to see that somebody cares.

-Hustle and bustle kills people.

-My good friend Ben who writes as much and as well as I wish I could has resumed updating his blog with my favorite things he writes, the ongoing series of Complet Thoughts.

-Ambitious-Outsiders claim to have the inside track on multiple Coachella confirmations, and is keeping track of many others announced elsewhere, including: Coldplay, Nine Inch Nails, Rilo Kiley, Bloc Party, the Bravery, the Fiery Furnaces, the French Kicks, BRITISH SEA POWER, the Futureheads and Ambulance, LTD. I'm amazed at the possibility that I might be able to see NIN at Coachella. That is so awesomely random.

-Don't forget to follow the hopskotch trail Jay is drawing all over the city sidewalks today, all roads of course leading to:



There, Larry, I hope that whets your appetite for the full-size flyer.



And I hope to see as many of you as possible at RANA tonight. I'll be headed over there just in time for their set with Lucy, Ani, and Ani's hippie chickadee friend Julia after sinking to the depths and watching the OC yet again.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger jayloose said…

    tumble,

    thanks for the shout out. stop by if you get the chance. i'll be there hanging early and there dancing late.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home