ones and zeroes

Better living through modern chemistry.

12.16.2004

G I G A N T I C

Oh, finals, how I looooooathe thee. Everywhere I turn, you're there, rearing your ugly British Literature/Natural Science head, making me - ugh - read, and - gah! - study. Damn you. DAMN YOU. But thank you Ben, for my little friend, the lady Ritalina. May she forever live in peace (dissolving into my bloodstream). Can we say...focus?!

Well, at least there's a couple of interesting things to look at on the net today:

-Mike Gordon picks his favorites of 2004. I have no idea who a lot of the bands he talks about are, but there are some choice moments in there, especially that his favorite flavor of Ben and Jerry's is the best one EVER!!! Oatmeal Cookie Crunch...cinnammon god that it is. You can also see lists by some other artists, like Jim James and DJ Logic. (What the fuck is Jim talking about re: the pixies though?)

-Marijuana-flavored lollipops - 'every lick is like taking a hit.' hahahaha! just in time to fill up the christmas stockings, too.

-Ever wonder why Japanese horror movies are so goddamn absolutely eerie? It's cause when violent things happen in Japan, it's always poignantly fucked up.

-When they first reported that ODB died, his colleagues said he had been clean off drugs...well, I guess not. I'd like to suggest that instead of being like, mm, drugs are bad, drugs killed ODB - that these articles should really point out that he combined a powerful upper with a downer, and that you CAN'T DO THAT.

i am pixie, hear me roar

Two nights of Pixiesloving down, one to go. I could see that band every fucking day for a month and I doubt I'd get too terribly sick of them. While the setlists don't look like they're going to be shaken up in any monumental way, the hits just keep on coming, and they're welcome to keep on coming, and coming, and coming, and coming. The only three songs I haven't heard yet that I'm really itching to are River Euphrates, Palace of the Brine, and most notably Dig For Fire which for some reason I don't think I'm going to hear later tonight. But s'all right. Where Is My Mind? one more time will be just fine. At any rate, for those of you who didn't get to attend, here's a taste of setlist goodness:

12/14:
In Heaven
Wave of Mutilation (uk surf)
Where is My Mind
BLOWN AWAY
Nimrods Son
Here Comes Your Man
Holiday Song
Mr Grieves
Vamos
Bone Machine
I Bleed
Crackity Jones
Monkey Gone to Heaven
Broken Face
Caribou
Veloria
Cactus
#13 Baby
Subbacultcha
Umass
Planet of Sound
Gouge Away
Dead
Debaser
Wave of Mutilation
Tame
Hey
Gigantic

La La Love You

12/15:
Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf)
(In Heaven) Lady in the Radiator Song
Winterlong
Here Comes Your Man
Nimrod's Son
Holiday Song
Mr. Grieves
Vamos
Where Is My Mind?
Bone Machine
Cactus
I Bleed
Monkey Gone To Heaven
No. 13 Baby
Velouria
Caribou
U-Mass
Crackity Jones
Isla De Encanta
Broken Face
Hey
Gouge Away
Debaser
Tame
Wave of Mutilation

Gigantic

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger ben bostick said…

    danny, m'boy! this is your old friend ben, giver of ritalina. i have been reading your blog lately, which feels sorta like stalking. but anyway, i have started a blog of my own at www.truthreality.blogspot.com. check it out. ain't much there yet, but i'm still getting used to the idea of blogging.

    i hope all your shit is going well. i hope the last pixies concert blows your mind. etc. . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home